Projects

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Hi all,

I've decided to have a blog to track some of the projects I'll be working on in the coming semester and beyond. Art projects, culinary projects, academic projects--all of them. I tend to start things and not really finish them, so hopefully this blog will be one of the many fires under my ass.

These projects range from the simple and mundane to the long term and ambitious. I'll post pictures and excerpts from whatever I can here so I have a digital space in the world to express myself. Or something like that.

A few days ago, I looked through a few sketchbooks I had as a child. Now, I don't finish things, but I finished those sketchbooks off. My nine-year-old self was really excited about Pokemon--especially the legendary bird Pokemon Articuno. Almost half of those drawings of Articunos. There is one particularly disturbing picture of an Articuno and a Pikachu eating chicken.

Anyway, later me had lots of drawings of trees. Now, these are the shittiest trees I've ever seen. I hate drawing trees, even though I believe they are some of the most magnificent organisms. Also, lots of drawings of the male form and more of birds. I don't know what that says about me.

So here are a few of the projects I'm undertaking this semester. They're in no particular order, but they all excite me in delicious ways.

  • An Opera, called "The Turn of Screw" by Ben Britten. It's really gay and hard.
  • Another Opera (well, not really) called "The Pirates of Penzance" by Gilbert and Sullivan. It's also gay, but easy. Kind of like your dad, HIYO.
  • Some independent research on Ben Britten. He's a really fascinating guy.
  • A series of drawings about Rhode Island
  • Learning Italian. Included in this is music Italian. Sooner or later, I'll have to learn what "larghetto" means.
  • Get beautiful hair. This will be a very long-term goal and probably cost me a lot of money.
  • Get more people to join ADPhi.
  • Write a musical about music theory, featuring a professor named "Darlene"
And a whole host of other, smaller projects. Those were some of my longer-term goals. Hopefully, I'll be drawing some more and composing some music.

Drawings to come soon!


1 comment:

Harmony said...

This is great. Revitalizing my lust for a particular Joe Rim.

Post a Comment